Friday, March 4, 2011

Farewell my friends…It’s a bitter sweet ending.

I’m writing this blog as my last and final blog for MPTC. I am leaving with a heavy heart because I truly enjoyed enlightening all of my friends here at MPTC. I believe in MPTC and the philosophy that this school lives by. This school has changed my life in so many ways. I wish the best for all who are lucky enough to take this journey of self discovery and as the saying goes all good things must come to an end. However, I would like to believe that my journey has not ended it has actually just begun. 

So here is the last and final tip from me to you, “Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the known to the unknown.  So I am going to take a risk and step out into the unknown. There is one thing about life that you should always remember and that is that every person that you meet in life touches your life in some way and changes it. I hope that change is for the better; I hope that the change you felt when you made that decision to become a student was for the better. I want everyone to know that the change within me from doing this blog was definitely for the better.

Even now Moraine Park continues to play a pivotal role in my new adventure; allow me to explain. I have accepted a new job offer from a company that I found through Tech Connect; Tech Connect is an online job posting service offered via Moraine Park student email you can learn more at http://www.wisconsintechconnect.com/College/tc30/login/Login.aspx.

I may have found the job based on Moraine Park’s wonderful Student Employment Service, but it was the persistence I learned from reading books, and from student clubs. I applied for employment at this company on three separate occasions, but could never get past the computer application screening process. A good friend of mine suggested I GIVE-UP, that word was unfamiliar to me so I GAVE-IT one more attempt, only this time I had a plan. I called the company’s Human Resources department and requested the name of their hiring personnel; once I received the name I went to their office and asked to speak to that person by name. When she came to speak with me I told her my story about my application complication. After I was done I handed her my resume, cover letter and letters of reference. Long story short, they called me back and made the comment that it was my persistent that may have gotten me the job.

Tip: If you want something bad enough, never let anything stand in the way of your goals and dreams. Push forward with passion and respect, and you will be rewarded in the end with the desires of your heart.

2 comments:

1. this last tip was outstanding for me good tip it makes me think

ReplyDelete
  2. You have published a very impressive article right here. Good job!

Name Badges

ReplyDelete